SCSRA-February 18, 2016 Annual General Meeting
Attending: The following voting members of the Board of Directors were present:
Luis Gutierrez, President Bruce Russell, 1st Vice President
Pat Manis, 2nd Vice President Stacy Holden, Secretary
Jeff Plunkett, Treasurer Mike Skinner, Standards Chair
Reed Christy, Member Development
The following non-voting members of the Board of Directors were present:
Ian Anderson, Assignor
Larry Turner, Admin Assistant
Total members in attendance: 34
1. Call to Order: After the regularly scheduled training, the floor was turned over to Larry Turner, Administrative Assistant and he called the SCSRA February 18, 2016 Annual General Meeting to order at 8:25 p.m.
2. Secretary’s Report: Stacy Holden, Secretary read the minutes from the February 19, 2015 meeting which were prepared by Tony Fahey. A motion was made from Mike Skinner to accept the minutes as read. Gabrielle Salazar seconded the motion. Motion was approved by voice vote.
3. Treasurer’s Report: Jeff Plunkett, Treasurer reported total expenses of approximately $174,462 and total income of approximately $175,364 with a final balance of approximately $901. Arbiter is one of our largest expenses with 320 members. Jeff Plunkett recommended that our annual yearly referee fees remain the same as last year: $60/adult and $30/youth. A motion was made by Joseph Lam that we accept the recommendation. Mike Skinner seconded the motion. Motion was approved by voice vote.
Luis noted all of Jeff’s hard work. Also there was discussion about the average balance we carry forward each year. Jeff explained that we carried over approximately $11,000 last year and approximately $10,000 will be the balance we carry forward this year. There were some general questions about being a non-profit incorporated organization. Jeff will check with the CPA about if there are limitations on our bank account when he files the taxes in July.
Frank Della Libera made a motion to accept the Treasurer’s report. Motion seconded by Norm Lew. Motion approved by voice vote.
* Nominations were accepted from the floor for the office of 1st Vice President. Norm Lew nominated Bruce Russell for 1st Vice President. Motion seconded by Miguel Mejia. No other nominations were made. Bruce Russell was affirmed by voice vote unanimously.
* Nominations were accepted from the floor for the office of Treasurer. Frank Della Libera nominated Jeff Plunkett for Treasurer. Motion seconded by Gabrielle Salazar. No other nominations were made. Jeff Plunkett was affirmed by voice vote unanimously.
* Nominations were accepted from the floor for the office of Director of Member Development. Bruce Russell nominated Reed Christy for Director of Member Development. Motion seconded by Gabrielle Salazar. No other nominations were made. Reed Christy was affirmed by voice vote unanimously.
5. Old Business: none
6. New Business:
A. Concussions: Although the Board does not give legal advice and members are considered independent contractors, Larry Turner recommended that if a doctor and coach agree to send a child back into a soccer game after a possible head injury, document their names for your records.
B. RPD – It was suggested that this issue be discussed during the club business section of our training meeting following this AGM.
C. Larry Turner mentions “all-stars” at each AGM. This year’s “all stars” include Jeff Plunkett for all his necessary accounting work with the CPA in reorganizing our club into a non-profit organization, Reed Christy for his work on bringing RPD local, and Dick Faulk for retiring.
7. Annual General Meeting Adjourned at 8:50 p.m. and returned to the monthly club business and training.
Submitted by: ____________________________ _____________________
Stacy Holden, Secretary Date
Approved by: ______________________________ _________________________
Luis Gutierrez, President Date